With age, our skin naturally starts to become dull and lacklustre. This is because the renewal of our skin’s cells begins to slow down, causing a buildup of dead cells on the surface.
Adopting good habits will help to brighten your skin – make sure you stay hydrated, regularly exfoliate, moisturise every morning and evening and get a good night’s sleep. The right makeup will also revitalise and enhance your skin’s appearance, so here are my top tips.
- Apply a good quality primer to your face and neck to ensure a smooth surface for your makeup and to make sure it lasts all day
- Use a multifunctional, hydrating foundation with added skincare ingredients so that you don’t have to apply too many layers, and build gradually
- Refresh sullen or pale skin by adding a touch of blush that will give a healthy flush of colour to the apples of your cheeks
- For extra glow, add a touch of highlighter to the points on your face where the light naturally hits – the top of your forehead, nose and cheeks
- Use a lipstick colour that suits your skin tone to distract from tired eyes