If you are a fan of Studio10, you already know that I’m a firm believer in embracing our age and loving the skin we’re in. PRO AGE – not anti-age! We know that as we age the collagen and elastin beneath the skin naturally begins to breakdown to create fine lines and wrinkles, and it’s not as easy for our skin to bounce back to the smooth, even base we had in our 20s. Applying makeup can become more difficult, so here are my top tips for fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s important to make sure that your skin is hydrated – dry skin will inevitably lead to makeup gathering in creases
- It’s equally important to use a good primer across your face and neck before applying makeup. This will help to smooth out any imperfections and act as an even base for your makeup
- Next apply a thin layer of a hydrating, buildable foundation that gives good coverage and a beautiful glow. Remember anything that is thick or heavy is likely to collect in creases
- Use a cream blusher on the apples of your cheeks to give a boost of healthy colour
- Don’t forget a primer for your eyelids! The skin here can be crepey so try subtle matte shades that will be more flattering than shimmery shadows. You can also try an eyeliner on the upper lid and experiment with different colours
- Finish your look with a hydrating lip balm to soothe dry skin