Tis the season to be merry, and glamorous in an instant! Let’s be honest though, when you’ve had one too many late nights, and the weather is taking a toll on your skin, that’s not always easy.
Enter our top 12 BEST festive beauty hacks, designed to see you not just through Christmas but the whole winter looking radiant, polished and good-to-glow in an instant!
1. Banish the Bags: Hide fatigue & give yourself an instant eye-lift. Tap a priming serum into the eye area – store it in the fridge for an extra soothing rejuvenating treat!
2. Smoke it Up: Go from day to night in minutes with a fuss-free smoky eye. Apply a soft creamy eyeliner to your upper lash line, blend and smudge out into the outer corner in a triangle shape. Pat a shimmering bronze shadow over it for suits-all sophistication.
3. Glow-to-Go: Combat tired winter skin in a flash. Try a few drops of a warm radiance crème mixed into your foundation for an all-over GLOW.
4. Gone in a flash: Conceal the ‘hidden’ signs of ageing. Use a concealer brush to pat concealer into the corners of the lips, eyes and nose to mouth lines for an instant facelift.
5. Blush Up: For a natural youthful flush, peachy shades of blush are much more flattering than pink. Pat into the highest point of the cheeks for your most youthful hint of colour.
6. Contour Clever: Suffering from reddened skin because of the weather? Skip blusher and instead contour with a matte, natural brown tone to put more depth back into the skin.
7. Pucker Up: Plump up your pout and party! Dab a small amount of gloss over pencil for a long-lasting, defined look that will take you from office to party in an instant.
8. Perfect Foundations: DON’T be tempted to cake foundation everywhere if your skin is less-than-perfect Use a light base and apply camouflage products where you need them only for the most natural look!
9. Wide-eyed Wonder: Smoke up your eyes in minutes with neutral shadow tones which are far sexier than black and a lot less harsh
Make sure to apply a creamy primer first for the perfect base for blending and to avoid eyeshadow sinking into fine lines.
10. Flutter By: Recreate a false lash without the fuss using mascara. Curl lashes and apply one coat then dust with powder before applying a second. Use a fine liner brush to dot between lashes too for a full effect.
11. Wake Up: To hide the signs of a late night, a nude, not white, eye pencil is best. Run along the inner eye for an instantly wide awake appearance.
12. Fake It to Make It: As we age our lips can thin and lose definition. Run a pink toned liner from the cupids bow out, very slightly over the natural line for a full pout in seconds – no needles required!